Due to multiple requests, REGISTRATION HAS BEEN EXTENDED BY 1 WEEK!!!
It’s back again!!!
The much anticipated Women’s Wear Course guaranteed to take you from a novice to a garment production expert in six (6) months is here. . .
Experience the best of Fashion Design, Pattern Drafting and Tailoring in one intense study programme.
Study garment production accurately with international ready-to-wear standards & bespoke options.
Experience pattern drafting methods that have been simplified to make learning easy.
Understand the Business of Fashion with day to day exposure to fashion business activities.
Learn to make everything in a woman’s wardrobe within 6 months and finish your study program with an excellent collection plus, an opportunity to be a part of a fashion week, showcasing your collection on the runway.
Its a simply amazing and detailed course. . and. . . Yes! It’s available this November, to only 10 fabulous participants.
- Course: Women’s Wear
- Start Date: 13th November 2017 | [Extended to 20th November 2017]
- Class Size: Maximum of 10 students | Minimum of 5 Students
- Registration Ends: 10th November 2017 | [Extended to 17th November 2017]
- Duration: 6 months minimum
- Schedule: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays | Time: 11am – 2pm
- Price: N200,000 (without tools) | N270,000 (with tools – tools include a sewing kit, table top sewing machine & mannequin)
- Gowns & Jumpsuits
- Launch-Out Project
- Exhibition, Graduation & Certification
DESCRIPTION OF COURSES
1-) FUNDAMENTALS : 3-4 weeks
- Introduction to Fashion Design
- Fashion Terms, Definition & Application
- Design Phases
- Principles of Design
- Elements of Design
- Colour Theory & Colour Combination
- Fabric Combination & Pattern Flow
- Intro to sketching, fashion illustration & collage
- Creating a Collection
- Measuring Methods
- Standard body measurements & country sizes
- Deriving Bra Sizes
- Hand Stitching techniques – Functional stitches & Design Stitches
- Intro to pattern blocking
- Focus garments – Band/Belt, Waist Slip, Flair Skirt, Apron
- Introduction to the sewing machine. Parts, Functions, Care
- Learning to use the sewing machine
- Maintenance and Servicing a Sewing machine.
- Sewing Straight lines, Curves, Shapes, Letters, etc
- Single line sewing, double line sewing, etc
- Seams – Types, Uses & Application
- Tailoring Essentials – Folding, Looping, Piping, etc
- Project: Conceive & Develop a Collection (specified case study will be given to each student)
Course Duration: 3-4 Weeks (About 12 classes)
- Elastic Top/Dress
- Shift Top
- Batwing Top
- Iro & Buba
- Cowl Neck top
- Drafting a Bustier Pattern
- Off-shoulder, Spaghetti Strap, Halter Neck & Monostrap top from bustier
- Drafting a basic bodice pattern
- Tank top
- Hood Top
- Collection Project
- Pleated Flair Skirt
- Circle SkirT
- Ball Skirt
- Pencil Skirt
- Straight Skirt
- A-line Skirt
- Wrap Skirt
- Peplum Skirt (using bias & pleats)
- Mermaid Skirt (umbrella method)
- 4 pieces skirt
- 6 pieces skirt
- 8 pieces skirt
- Tailored Pants
- Collection Project
- A-line summer dress
- Assymetrical Halter Dress
- Pencil Dress
- Peplum Dress
- Shirt Dress
- Mermaid Dresses
- Victorian Ball Gowns
- Review, Revisions, Finishing Touches
- Receive Project Topic – (project will be exhibited)
- Create & Develop your exhibition/project collection
- Pitch & Defend project
- COC Exhibition/Fashion Show – (Showcasing your project collection)
- Certification & Graduation